Psychotherapy Collective Ltd.
To access our Services, Users must access the Website and create an account (the “User Account”) by clicking on “Create an Account” and following the instructions provided. PC Ltd. Contracts with Jane Software Inc. (“Jane”) to provide the electronic medical record and virtual care platform and it is through Jane that the User Account is facilitated. This Agreement governs your access and use of the User Account and Website by you and all materials displayed or made available through the User Account or Website, including, without limitation, text, images, photographs, illustrations, audio and video clips, computer software, and code (the “Content”) on the Website.
By accessing and using our Services, you are indicating that you accept to be bound by the terms and conditions of this Agreement. If you do not accept these terms and conditions, you must not access or use our Services. Psychotherapy Collective may revise this Agreement at any time with reasonable notice to you. Use of the Services after such changes are made available to you constitutes your acceptance of and agreement with the revised terms of this Agreement.
Services The Services provided by Psychotherapy Collective, as defined above, are intended to facilitate connecting Users to psychotherapists, and providing administrative and other support to such Users. The Psychotherapist provide health care services to Users (“Therapist(s)”); Psychotherapy Collective provides the Services, which do not include the provision of professional psychotherapy by the Therapists.
The Website allows you to book appointments with Therapist(s) by redirecting you to an online service provided by a third-party vendor, Jane Software Inc. (the “Jane”). Our Services also includes receiving all incoming calls, including through the use of a third-party, CallTrackingMetrics (“CTM”) to redirect calls and allow for remote reception when receptionists are unavailable. We also provide billing and related administrative support.
All Therapist(s) providing health care services to Users are independent, regulated health professionals registered to practice psychotherapy in Ontario. Psychotherapy Collective is not a health care provider and is not responsible for the psychotherapy services you may receive from your Therapist. Therapist(s) are solely responsible for the health care services they provide to you once you are connected to the Therapist through our Services.
The Website is not, and is not intended as, a solicitation of patients for any of the Therapist(s) with whom you may be matched if you use the Services.
Registration. To use certain features of the Website, you must create a User Account with us. When you register for a User Account, you agree to:
provide true, accurate, current, and complete information, and
maintain and promptly update the information to ensure it remains true, accurate, current, and complete.
Unless otherwise permitted by Psychotherapy Collective in writing, you may only possess one User Account.
Usernames and Passwords. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of the password you use in association with your User Account and Website. You are also responsible for all activities that occur under your username and password. If Psychotherapy Collective has reasonable grounds to suspect that you are sharing your username or password with anyone, Psychotherapy Collective will have the right to suspend or terminate your User Account and your access to the Services.
Administrative Fee. Currently, creating a User Account and accessing the Website are provided free of charge. Psychotherapy Collective reserves the right to charge a fee in the future with reasonable notice provided to you.
Psychotherapy Collective must not be relied upon for medical or other emergencies at any time, and under any circumstances. Do not attempt self-treatment based on anything you have seen or read on the Website.
PSYCHOTHERAPY COLLECTIVE DOES NOT PROVIDE EMERGENCY SERVICES. IF YOU HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY, CALL A PHYSICIAN OR QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROVIDER, VISIT YOUR NEAREST HOSPITAL EMERGENCY DEPARTMENT OR DIAL 911 IMMEDIATELY.
Always seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health care provider practicing in your jurisdiction concerning any questions you may have regarding your medical condition.
No Health Care Provider Relationship The presentation of information on the Website and your use of Psychotherapy Collective’s Services does not establish a health care provider relationship between you and Psychotherapy Collective and is not intended as a solicitation of individuals to become Psychotherapy Collective’s patients or clients.
Misuse of Services Psychotherapy Collective retains sole discretion to refuse or discontinue the provision of Services to any User at any time, including for actual or potential misuse of the Services by a User.
Copyright The Content is copyrighted and owned by Psychotherapy Collective, its licensors, or the provider of the Content, as the case may be. Except as granted in the limited licences herein, any use, modification, transmission, distribution, republication, or other exploitation of the Website, User Account or Content, whether in whole or in part, is prohibited without Psychotherapy Collective’s express prior written consent.
Limited Licence Subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement, you are hereby granted a limited, non-transferable, and non-exclusive license to access, view, and use the Website, Content, User Account and any part of our Services for your personal, non-commercial use. Access to the Website, User Account and Services for any other purpose is prohibited.
Software Licence All software embedded in or located on the Website, such as Jane or CTM, including, without limitation, all computer code of all types and all files or images contained in or generated by such software (collectively, the “Software”) is protected by copyright and may be protected by other rights. All Software is owned by Psychotherapy Collective, its licensors, or the party accredited with ownership of the Software, such as Jane or CTM. You are hereby granted the right to access and use the Software embedded and integrated into the Website, subject to:
- the terms and conditions of this Agreement; and
Except to the extent expressly permitted in this Agreement, you may not:
- use, reproduce, modify, adapt, translate, upload, download, or transmit the Software in whole or in part;
- sell, rent, lease, licenses, transfer, or otherwise provide access to the Software;
- alter, remove, or cover any trade-marks or proprietary notices, including from the Software; or
- decompile, disassemble, decrypt, extract, or reverse engineer the Software or assist others in doing so.
Other than the limited licence granted herein, nothing contained on the Website shall be construed as granting you any right, title, interest, or other license in or to any Software embedded or integrated into the Website or made available for download from the Website, including, but not limited to, any intellectual property rights in the Software.
All Software embedded or integrated into our Services including the Website is provided “as is”, without warranties of any kind, either expressed or implied, including, without limitations, any warranty that the Software:
- is of merchantable quality or is fit for any particular purpose;
- will conform with any specifications relating to the Software;
- will be free from material defects;
- contains no computer viruses or other contaminants; or
- shall process date and time-related data without causing any processing interruptions, abnormal termination or process or manipulate any time-related data.
Posted Information All information made available on the Website or through any other part of our Services is provided for general, illustrative or informational purposes only and does not constitute medical or health care advice and is not intended to be a substitute therefor. You should not act or refrain from acting based on any information provided on the Website or through any other part of our Services.
We charge Therapist(s) a fee for connecting with Users through Psychotherapy Collective, which we deduct from the fees paid. There is no fee to you for using our Services.
The Therapists have appointed Psychotherapy Collective to manage billings for Client Services. Fees must be paid within 7 days after receiving health care services from a Therapist. If fees remain unpaid after 14 days, you will receive an email reminder. At 30 days, we will call you to discuss possible barriers to payment and discuss financing options. At 60 days, if no financing agreement has been reached, we will consider options available at law. Failure to pay fees promptly may result in Psychotherapy Collective terminating the Services and your User Account.
No Endorsements Unless expressly stated, Psychotherapy Collective does not recommend or endorse any particular brand of products, services, procedures, or other information that may appear from time to time on the Website or through any other part of our Services.
Linking The Website or Content may contain links to third-party websites. These links are provided for convenience only and not as an endorsement by Psychotherapy Collective of any third-party website and its content. Unless specifically stated, Psychotherapy Collective does not operate any third-party website and is not responsible for its content, nor does it make any representation, warranty or covenant of any kind regarding any third-party website including, without limitation, any representation, warranty, or covenant:
- regarding the legality, accuracy, reliability, completeness, timeliness, or suitability of any content on such third-party websites;
- regarding the merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose of any third-party web sites or material, content, software, goods, or websites located at or made available through such third-party websites; or
- that the operation of such third-party websites will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects or errors in such third-party websites be corrected, or that such third-party websites will be free from viruses or other harmful components.
Psychotherapy Collective reserves the right to provide or remove any links on the Website at any time and do so without notice. For clarity, Psychotherapy Collective does not own or operate Jane or CTM and Psychotherapy Collective disclaims all liability arising to you from your use of the Jane or CTM.
Disclaimer The Website and Content are provided “as is” and “as available”. While Psychotherapy Collective endeavors to provide accurate, current, and timely information, Psychotherapy Collective makes no representation, warranties or covenants, express or implied, regarding the Website or Content including, without limitation, no representation, warranty or covenant that:
- the Website or Content contained in or made available through the Website will be of merchantable quality or fit for a particular purpose;
- the Website or Content will be accurate, complete, current, reliable, timely or suitable for any particular purpose;
- the operation of the Website or Content will be uninterrupted or error free;
- defects or errors, whether human or computer errors, in the Website, Content or any other part of our Services will be corrected;
- the Website or Content will be free from viruses or harmful components; and
- that communications to or from the Website or Content will be secure or not intercepted.
You acknowledge and agree that your access and use of the Website or Content is solely at your own risk and liability.
Limitation of Liability In no event shall Psychotherapy Collective or its officers, directors, employees, agents, licensors, and their respective successors and assigns be liable for damages of any kind, including, without limitations, any direct, indirect, special, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including, without limitation, any loss or damages relating to your use or misuse of any part of our Services, User Account, Website or Content or your inability to use our Services including the Website, Content or User Account.
You acknowledge and agree that Psychotherapy Collective is not connected with or responsible in any way for, the care you may receive from Therapist(s). Psychotherapy Collective disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions, and conduct of, and psychotherapy services provided by, all Therapist(s) and conduct of any third-parties on the Website, or any advertisers or sponsors of the Website or Content and any other part of our Services (collectively, “third-party”). Under no circumstances shall Psychotherapy Collective or officers, directors, employees, agents, licensors, or their respective successors and assigns be liable for any injury, loss, damage of any kind (including direct, indirect, special, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages), or expense arising in any fashion whatsoever from:
- the acts, omissions, or conduct of any third-party, and
- any access, use, reliance upon or inability to use any materials, content, goods, or services located at, or made available at, any website linked to or from the Website or Content, regardless of the cause and whether arising in contract (including fundamental breach), tort (including negligence), or otherwise. The foregoing limitation shall apply even if Psychotherapy Collective knew of or ought to have known of the possibility of such damages.
Indemnity You agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Psychotherapy Collective, officers, directors, employees, agents, licensors, and their respective successors and assigns, from and against any and all claims, demands, liabilities, costs, or expenses whatsoever, including, without limitation, legal fees and disbursements, resulting directly or indirectly from:
- your breach of any of the terms and conditions of this Agreement;
- your access to, use, misuse, reliance upon, or inability to access or use the Website or any other part of our Services from time to time; or
- your use of, reliance on, publication, communication, distribution, uploading, or downloading of anything (including the Content) on or from the Website or any other part of our Services.
Modification to the Website Psychotherapy Collective reserves the right at any time, and from time to time, to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the Website and any other part of our Services without notice to you. We may provide notice to you out of courtesy, but that does not obligate us to provide notice for any subsequent amendments to our Services including our Website. Psychotherapy Collective shall not be liable to you or any third party for any modifications, suspension, or discontinuance of the Website or Content or any part thereof.
Termination Psychotherapy Collective may, in its sole discretion, cancel or terminate your right to use the Website or User Account, or any parts of our Services at any time without notice. In the event of termination, you are no longer authorized to access the Website or User Account or the parts of the Website affected by such cancellation or termination. The restrictions imposed on you with respect to material downloaded from the Website set out in this Agreement shall survive termination of this Agreement. Psychotherapy Collective shall not be liable to you or to any third-party for such termination.
Use Prohibited Where Contrary to Law Use of the Website, Content and any part of our Services is unauthorized in any jurisdiction where the Website or any part of our Services may violate any laws or regulations. You agree not to access or use the Website or any part of our Services in such jurisdictions. You agree that you are responsible for compliance with all applicable laws and regulations. Any contravention of this provision, or any provision of this Agreement, is entirely at your own risk.
Governing Law The Website and all parts of our Services are operated by Psychotherapy Collective from its offices in Ontario, Canada. You agree that all matters relating to your access or use of the Website, User Account, Content, Software, and any part of our Services shall be governed by the laws of the Province of Ontario and the laws of Canada applicable therein, without regard to principles of conflicts of law. You agree and hereby submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the Province of Ontario with respect to all matters relating to your access and use of the Website or any part of our Services as well as any dispute that may arise therefrom.
Severability If any provision of this Agreement is determined to be invalid or unenforceable, in whole or in part, by any court of competent jurisdiction, the remaining provisions of this Agreement continue in full force and effect.
Assignment This Agreement is not assignable, transferable, or to be sublicensed by you except with the prior written consent of Psychotherapy Collective. Psychotherapy Collective may assign, transfer, or delegate any of its rights and obligations hereunder without your consent.
Waiver Any consent by Psychotherapy Collective, either express or implied, to, or waiver of, a breach of this Agreement which you have committed shall not constitute a consent to, or waiver of, any other or subsequent breach.
Entire Agreement This is the entire Agreement between you and Psychotherapy Collective relating to your access and use of the Website and any part of our Services. This Agreement supersedes and invalidates all prior representations, warranties, understandings, and agreements between you and Psychotherapy Collective relating to the subject matter of this Agreement.
Contact Us Questions or comments regarding the Website or any part of our Services should be directed to Psychotherapy Collective’s administrator at email@example.com.
By registering for a User Account and by using the Website, you acknowledge that you understand and agree that:
- The Website is a technology platform that facilitates connecting Users with a Therapist(s) and provides related administrative support to Users and Therapists.
- Therapist(s) are independent contractors who are not employed by Psychotherapy Collective and Therapists do not provide Services as defined under this Agreement.
- Psychotherapy Collective is not a party to the relationship between you and any Therapist. Therapist(s) are solely responsible for the health care services that they provide to you, including compliance with standards of care, record keeping, and other professional obligations.
- The Content and Website could include technical, typographical or photographic errors. Psychotherapy Collective does not warrant that any of the materials provided are accurate or current.
- Psychotherapy Collective does not warrant the accuracy, fitness or merchantability of any third-party websites linked to our Website and your use of such Third Party websites is entirely at your own risk.